Windward Community College's Commencement Ceremony 2018 is an annual event honoring our graduates. This includes all students who have already or plan to complete their WCC degree/certificate after Summer/Fall 2017 and Spring/Summer 2018.
* Due to limited seating, tickets are required for admission to Ko’olau Ballrooms and Conference Center
Information for Faculty/Staff
Information for Graduates
Planning to graduate and participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
Steps 1-3 must be completed no later than Friday, April 13, 2018. Additional steps are also required; see Commencement Ceremony section below for details and important dates.
Planning to graduate but not planning to participate in the Commencement Ceremony?
Steps 1-3 must be completed no later than the last day of instruction, Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
Step 1: Check Your Progress in STAR
- Login to STAR to check your progress on the Academic Essentials tab.
Step 2: Meet with Your Academic Counselor
- If it looks like everything is complete or you’re not sure, schedule an appointment with your academic counselor.
- At this appointment, you and your counselor will review your degree requirements to verify your eligibility to graduate. If you have met all requirements, you and your counselor will complete the Graduation Certification Form. You will get 3 hard copies of the completed form (with signatures).
Step 3: Turn in Your Completed Graduation Certification Form
- Turn in your completed Graduation Certification Form (with signatures) to WCC Admissions & Records
- You may also choose to complete the bottom portion of the Graduation Certification Form to order a diploma, however, graduates are not obligated to purchase a diploma.
- WCC Commencement is a special celebration of our graduates. It is also a time for friends, family and whole WCC community to come together and recognize the accomplishments of our students. As a graduate, we strongly encourage you to participate! Questions may be directed to the WCC Student Life Coordinator/Counselor.
Step 4: Stop by WCC Student Activity Center
- At the Commencement Ceremony, there will be a slideshow recognizing our graduates. Be sure to stop by to get your headshot photo taken and submit an inspirational quote. Please do this no later than Friday, May 4, 2018 in the WCC Student Activity Center.
Step 5: Purchase Cap and Gown
- Purchase your cap and gown (to be worn at the Commencement Ceremony) at the WCC Bookstore anytime between Monday, April 2, 2018 and Thursday, May 10, 2018.
- IMPORTANT: There is a limited number of cap and gowns available at the WCC Bookstore, so be sure to bring your copy of your completed Graduation Certification Form (with signatures) as proof that you have been certified to graduate.
Step 6: Pick-up Tickets for Family/Friends
- Due to limited seating, each graduate may pick-up up to 4 tickets. Pick-up tickets no later than Thursday, May 10, 2018 at the WCC Bookstore. Tickets will be required for admission to the Commencement Ceremony. Parking is limited at the venue; please ask your family/friends to carpool.
Step 7: Attend Rehearsal for Commencement Ceremony
- On the same day as the Commencement Ceremony, graduates only must arrive no later than 3:30 pm at WCC Hale Akoakoa for rehearsal. At rehearsal, graduates will participate in a kīhei protocol, pick-up a name card and line up for the procession.
- After rehearsal, all graduates will be shuttled to the venue. Parking is limited at WCC and at the Commencement Ceremony venue, therefore graduates are strongly encouraged to get dropped-off at WCC or leave their car at WCC during the Commencement Ceremony. There will be a shuttle back to WCC after the Commencement Ceremony.
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
The event is organized by the Commencement Committee