Windward Community College's Commencement Ceremony is an annual event honoring our graduates for 2017-2018. This includes students from Summer 2017, Fall 2017; and Spring 2018.
||Ko‘olau Ballrooms & Conference Center
45-550 Kionaole Rd.
Kane‘ohe Hawai‘i 96744
||Friday, May 11, 2018
||6:30 PM (Tentative)
* Due to limited seating, tickets are required for admission to Ko’olau Ballrooms and Conference Center
Additional information for students
Additional information for faculty
Through MyUH, visit your STAR Degree Check/View Transcript/Academic Pathway to view your progress for completing the degree or certificate you are pursuing. Work with your counselor to verify eligibility to graduate.
The following steps must be completed by the last day of instruction,
Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
- If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony and want your name included in the commencement program please complete a Graduation Certification with your counselor by Friday, April 13, 2018. To schedule an appointment, you may call 808-235-7413, stop by Hale Akoakoa 212 or login to your MySuccess
- Turn in the Graduation Certification form with signatures by the last day of classes, Wednesday, May 2, 2018 to WCC Admissions & Records, Hale Alaka’i 112.
- Order and pay $15 to the Business Office for a Hawaiian or English diploma by the last day of classes, Wednesday, May 2, 2018. See WCC Admissions & Records, Hale Alaka’i 112. There is an additional $15 charge for an additional copy of your diploma (in English or Hawaiian). There is no obligation to purchase a diploma.
- Purchase a cap and gown between April 2, 2018 and Thursday, May 10, 2018 WCC Bookstore, Hale Akoakoa 1st floor. Note: Bring your copy of your completed Graduation Certification form as proof that you have been certified to graduate.
- Pick up announcements and tickets (limited to 4 per graduate) by Thursday, May 10, 2018 at the WCC Bookstore, Hale Akoakoa 1st floor (Due to limited seating, tickets are required for admission to Ko’olau Ballrooms and Conference Center).
- Get your headshot photo taken and submit an inspirational quote to be included in the slideshow by Friday, May 4, 2018 in the WCC Student Activity Center, Hale Akoakoa 232.
Parking is also limited so we are encouraging that visitors carpool.
If you are interested in becoming a commencement speaker for the class of 2018 please fill out the Commencement Speaker Application (pdf)
Rehearsals will be at 3:30 p.m. at Hale ‘Ākoakoa 101-105 prior to the ceremony on Friday, May 11, 2018. Food will be provided.
If you have any questions regarding the graduation process or your eligibility to graduate, please see your counselor in Student Affairs. Call 235-7413 or stop by Hale 'Ākoakoa 212 to make an appointment.
Summa Cum Laude
- "with highest academic honors"
students with a GPA of 3.9 to 4.0
Magna Cum Laude - "with great distinction"
students with a GPA of 3.5 to 3.8
Cum Laude - "with honor"
students with a GPA of 3.0 to 3.4
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
The event is organized by the Commencement Committee