Outgoing U.S. Mail
- All outgoing U.S. mail must be in the Business Office by 8:00am in order for it to be sent out on that same day.
- Place unstamped outgoing U.S. mail in the basket that is located on the shelf on the left as you enter the Business Office or in the lobby drop box by the Cashier window.
- If there are more than one (1) envelope from the same department, rubber band them together (rubber bands are available in the Business Office next to the drop off basket) and separate according to the following:
- Sealed envelopes
- Unsealed – Envelopes that are not sealed must be rubber banded together with the flaps down
- International must be flagged in order for sufficient postage to be applied (Note: the Business Office may not have the time to check the address of each piece of outgoing mail)
- If the envelope is thick or larger than a size 10 (regular size envelope), it must be sealed.
- If the envelope has a metal clasp, the entire flap of the envelope and metal clasp must be covered with packing tape.
NOTE: Please be sure that Windward CC’s return address and department name is on all outgoing mail.
Outgoing mail for UPS or FedEx
- The sender must call UPS or FedEx to make arrangements for pick-up, prepare all necessary labels/paperwork and have package(s) “mail ready” prior to pick up.
Note: The carrier may ask for the estimated weight of the package; a scale is available in the mailroom. Please ask the Business Office for assistance in weighing your package.
Incoming Mail via UPS or FedEx
- The receiver will be notified via phone if there is a package to be picked up.
- If items that require refrigeration or special handling are being expected, please make arrangements with the Business Office. The Business Office is not responsible for special handling of any items received.
- If a signature is required, the package will be marked with a number.
- Please look for that number in the binder and sign the appropriate line when picking up the item.
- The Business Office will store the package in the office for 48 hrs. After 48 hrs, the package will be stored in the Alaka’i mailroom and a notice with its cabinet number will be in your mailbox.
Off-Campus (Inter-Campus) Mail Deliveries
All University inter-campus mail will only be delivered to the general mailroom at the Community College Chancellor’s office for appropriate distribution. If there are any deliveries to the UH-Manoa campus that requires special handling, please check with Kawai at the Business Office.
- There will be off-Campus mail deliveries on Monday - Friday (except on all State Holidays). Please note that the days are subject to change.
- Off-campus mail must be placed in the campus mail bin that is located on the shelf (left side when you enter the Business Office) by 8:00am in order to be sent out on the same day.