skip to main content

International Students


Windward Community College (Windward CC) is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students in approved SEVIS programs via student visa status (F1 or M1). International students must comply with all regulations of U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the University of Hawaii policies and procedures. The application process should start as early as possible to successfully complete the application by the deadline.

Click here for information for Japanese Students (PDF)

Fulfill English Proficiency Requirement

  • TOEFL (internet base) = 61, TOEFL (paper base) = 500, IELTS (academic section) = 5.5, EIKEN = Step 2A
  • Exempt if native language is English (Australia, Canada except Quebec, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom)
  • Score must be within 2 years prior to the start of the semester
  • Score must be sent directly to Windward CC Admissions and Records Office

Submit University of Hawaii System Application

  • Apply online at
  • Pay the non-refundable non-resident application fee of $25.00 US dollar
  • Select an approved SEVIS degree program at Windward CC (Liberal Arts, Natural Science, Agriphamatech, Veterinary Studies)

Submit University of Hawaii Supplementary Information Form

  • Download the form at
  • Form includes an affidavit of financial support that shows sponsorship and/or financial support in US dollars for tuition, books/supplies, and living costs for the duration of study (refer to supplementary application for estimated cost of attendance)
  • Include Sponsor’s bank statement in US dollars (must be within the last 6 months)

Submit Transcripts

  • Official high school (secondary) transcripts showing evidence of successful completion of schooling equivalent to 12 years of US education sent directly by the high school to Windward CC Admissions and Records Office (must include graduation date)
  • Official college (post-secondary) transcripts sent directly by college to Windward CC Admissions and Records Office
  • All transcripts must be in English or accompanied by an English translation that has been certified by either a school official or a U.S. consular official

Submit Signed International Student Health Insurance Acknowledgement Form

For Transfer Students Only

Meet the Deadline (including all documents to complete application)

  • Fall Semester (starts in August) deadline is June 1
  • Spring Semester (starts in January) deadline is November 1
  • Summer not accepting application

Upon Acceptance to the college

During the first week of the semester at Windward CC

  • Provide proof of valid up-to-date medical health insurance
  • Submit copy of current Passport
  • Submit Local mailing address


February 24, 2015