The State of Hawaii Department of Health (DOH), the Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-157 requires all students to meet health requirements before they attend any post-secondary institution in the State of Hawaii. For more information, contact the State of Hawaii Department of Health Immunization Branch at (808) 586-8332 .
Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) Examination and MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization clearances are required prior to registering for classes. These clearances must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office at Hale Alaka’i, Room 112.
Refer to this Health Clearance Form (PDF) for more information. You can download this Health Clearance Form and take it to your physician for completion.
TB (Tuberculosis) Clearance
The certificate of TB clearance may be issued by the Hawaii Department of Health or a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN or PA and must be dated within 12 months prior to the term of entrance. The certificate must include:
- The dates of administration and reading of the Mantoux skin Test (PPD).
- The measurement in millimeters of the induration (raised skin reaction).
- The signature or stamp of the MD, DO, APRN, PA, or clinic.
Where can I get a TB test?
TB skin tests are provided free of charge at the Windward Health Center down the hill from Windward CC from 1:30pm to 3:30pm every Tuesday. For more information, call (808) 233-5450. Click here to see the center in Google Maps.
MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) Clearance
Two doses of Measles vaccine are required, with at least one of the two being Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine. Students born before 1957 are exempt from the immunization requirement.
You are required to submit proof of immunization and/or disease history with one of the following:
- A record of immunization, signed or stamped by a US licensed MD, DO, APRN, PA or clinic. This record must include complete dates of each immunization.
- A blood test (serology report) showing laboratory evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella signed by a US licensed MD, DO, APRN, PA or clinic.
Where can I get a MMR clearance?
Check with your family physician for MMR vaccination records (two shots), or see the University of Hawaii at Manoa Student Health Services for MMR vaccination for a nominal fee. For more information, call (808) 956-8965.
If you need any additional information regarding health clearances, please call the Admissions and Records Office at (808) 235-7432.