skip to main content

Health Clearances


Thumbnail of Health Clearances Form

The State of Hawaii Department of Health (DOH), the Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-157 requires all students to meet health requirements before they attend any post-secondary institution in the State of Hawaii.  For more information, contact the State of Hawaii Tuberculosis Control Branch at (808) 832-5731 and Immunization Branch at (808) 586-8331.

Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) Examination and MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization clearances are required prior to registering for classes. The health clearances must be from a U.S. licensed Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Advanced Practiced Registered Nurse (APRN), Physician Assistant( PA) , or clinic.

You can download this Health Clearance Form and take it to your physician for completion.

TB (Tuberculosis) Clearance

Student provides to WCC Admissions and Records office at Hale Alaka`i a TB Clearance obtained within twelve months prior to the start date OR TB Clearance obtained on or after the age of sixteen.

Where can I get a TB test?

TB skin tests are provided free of charge at the Windward Health Center down the hill from Windward CC from 1:30pm to 3:30pm every Tuesday. For more information, call (808) 233-5450. Click here to see the center in Google Maps.

MMR (Measles-Mumps-Rubella) Clearance

Two doses of Measles vaccine are required, with at least one of the two being Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine. Students born before 1957 are exempt from the immunization requirement. Laboratory evident of immunity (positive antibodies) to measles, mumps, and rubella may be substituted for record of immunization. For Medical or Religious exemption, see Admissions and Records office for detail information and requirements.

Where can I get a MMR clearance?

Check with your family physician for MMR vaccination records (two shots), or see the University of Hawaii at Manoa Student Health Services for MMR vaccination for a nominal fee. For more information, call (808) 956-8965.

If you need any additional information regarding health clearances, please call the Admissions and Records Office at (808) 235-7432.