skip to main content

Admissions and Records



E KOMO MAI! WELCOME! Whether you're attending college for the first time or coming back after years away, Windward Community College can help you reach your goals. First, you need to apply and receive your acceptance letter before you can register for classes. Get started here to Go Forward! Please view this Getting Started checklist (Admissions Checklist information).

You are eligible to apply if you:

  • Are 18 years of age or older, or
  • Have earned a U.S. high school diploma, GED or equivalency

Submit an application if you are:

Programs of Study

Please explore our academic programs. If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please note that only certain WCC programs are financial aid eligible.

How to Apply

Click here to Apply


Note: If you are already accepted or currently enrolled at a UH campus and you want to change your home campus to Windward Community College, you only need to complete a Change of Home Institution form. Do not submit an online application.

If you stopped out within one year at WCC, contact the Admissions and Records office at (808) 235-7432 to re-active your admissions application.

Health Requirements

  • Health clearances are required by the Hawaii Department of Health before registering for all classes. You must have proof of Tuberculosis (TB) clearance and Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) immunization.  Go to the Health Clearance page for details.
  • You may be accepted to college without clearance, but you will not be able to register for classes until your clearance documents are received.

Application Deadlines

Semester Semester Period Applications are Accepted:
Fall August to December September 1 to August 1
Spring January to May July 1 to December 15
Summer I May to July February 1 to May 10
Summer II July to August February 1 to June 15

Distance Education and online classes, auditing a class, and faculty/staff tuition waiver applicants must meet the same admissions deadlines.

International applicants, please refer to International Students section for deadline dates.


Summer tuition is higher for most classes compared to Fall and Spring semesters.

Other Documentation Requirements

Admissions & Records may request additional information and documents to verify your Hawaii Residency Requirements for tuition purposes.

  • Military Orders are required of active Military service member stationed in Hawai‘i.
  • High School student enrolling in college while attending high school
  • Request for Transcript Evaluation for previous coursework (and military training) to be evaluated for transfer to WCC Admissions & Records Office, and you must also complete a Request for Transcript Evaluation form
  • Call the Admissions & Records Office before faxing any documents (808) 235-7432.

Contact Us

Admissions & Records Office
Hale Alakai, Room 112
45-720 Kea‘ahala Rd.
Kāne‘ohe, Hawai‘i 96744
(808) 235-7432

Hours (except holidays)

  • operation hours: 7:45 am to 4:30 pm
  • office hours: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm