"I" (Incomplete) Grades


The Windward CC Catalog states that the “I” (incomplete) grade “…is a temporary grade given at the instructor’s option when a student has failed to complete a small part of a course because of circumstances beyond his or her control.  The student is expected to complete the course by the designated deadline in the succeeding semester.  If this is not done, the I grade will revert to the contingency grade identified by the instructor.”

In order to best accommodate students and instructors, we have developed the following procedure:

Please complete an “I” (Incomplete) Grade Form for each “I” grade you assign. Submit the completed form(s) to the Office of Academic Affairs by the end of the first week of January for Fall semester classes and the end of May for the Spring semester classes.

Instructors are responsible for submitting change of grade forms to the Office of Admissions and Records when the student completes the outstanding course requirements.  Change of grade forms are available from the Office of Admissions and Records. 

If you have any questions please contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 235-7422.