Hall of Learning
Nā Hale A‘o hou also includes two secondary buildings:
Funding constraints for the new facilities prohibits use of the facilities by external groups, organizations and individuals for the first 10 years of its existence. External users can partner with WCC entities on educational ventures and have their internal user submit the paperwork for facility use.
Click here to download the Facilities Use Request Form for Hale A'o (PDF) for WCC users to book Hale A’o facilities. Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off to faculty mailboxes c/o Kalawaia Moore
Kalawaia will check available dates and get back to you asap.
Available facilities include the following spaces:
- Hale A’o 101, Classroom style - 20 chairs, 8 Tables
- Hale A’o 102, Dance and Performance style room - 20 chairs
- Hale A’o 106, Classroom style - 35 chairs, 15 Tables
- Hale A’o 107, Classroom style - 35 chairs, 15 Tables
- Hale A’o 111, Kitchen
Once called "The Supervisor's Residence" and "The White House", the structure was built in 1929 and was once the residence of the Hawaii State Hospital director. This is the only original wood frame building to survive. This two-story Four Square house sits on a lava rock post and pier foundation and has a steep hipped roof with overhanging eaves with exposed rafter tails. The clapboard clad dwelling features a right of center, single story portico with a hipped roof supported by square, paneled posts. An original lanai with transom windows extends from the right rear.
Course Schedule for Summer 2017