Windward Community College student musical talent will sing, strum, dance, and perform music at three performances celebrating the end of semester. The performances are FREE and open to the public. Donations will be gladly accepted to help make opportunities like these available to students in the future.
WCC Piano Program Spring Concert –under the direction of So Jin Kimura
Tuesday, May 6
7:00 p.m. FREE!
RONALD E. BRIGHT THEATRE AT CASTLE HIGH SCHOOL
WCC’s Piano Program students will showcase solo pieces, ranging from the modern theme to Disney’s movie “Up” to the classical first movement of the Piano Sonata in C Major by Mozart, as well as 4-part ensembles featuring the Sicilienne from the Flute Sonata BWV 1031 by Johann Sebastian Bach.
WCC Vocal Program Concert –under the direction of Ka?ala Carmack
Friday, May 9
7:00–9:00 p.m. FREE! (with intermission/refreshments)
HALE ‘AKOAKOA at Windward Community College
Featuring end of semester performances by:
- The WCC Choir and students from Voice 1 and 2 Classes. Eclectic vocal program with Elizabethan songs, Mozart, sea chanty, folk, popular, and Hawaiian song vocal performances.
- Classical Guitar students of Professor Ron Loo
- Hula ‘Olapa students of Sky Gora
Hanauna Mele Concert Series –under the direction of Kamuela Kimokeo
Monday, May 12
6:30–8:30 p.m. FREE!
PALIKU THEATRE at Windward Community College
- Featuring Slack Key and ‘Ukulele students from Windward CC and UH West O‘ahu and
- Special musical guests Aaron Mahi, Martin Pahinui and George Kuo
For more information about music studies at WCC, contact Ka‘ala Carmack at firstname.lastname@example.org.