- A List of Suggestions
- Laulima Tools - via Windward CC Instructional Development
- Exams - suggestions for designing exams
- Cheating - suggestions for identifying and limiting cheating
- Instructional Development - resources at Windward CC
- Virtual Office Hours - some ideas on how to hold them
- Ask them a different informal question every week that connects the course material to their lives.
- Ask them when they plan to work on the course (and encourage them to find at least 10 hours a week).
- Mail each student an introductory package with handouts and syllabus
- Use the Laulima "Site Stats" tool to determine which students are not logging in or spending much time with the course and contact them.
- give a sample of what a good response looks like
- Standards for Distance Learning Library Services - from the American Library Association
- Distance Learning at UH - includes forms
- Assessing Online Facilitation - from Humboldt State
- TurnitIn - plagiarism detection software
- Distance Learning Manual from College of the Canyons (PDF)
- Proctoring - procedures for faculty to set up a proctored Exam
- ACCJC Distance Learning Manual (PDF)
- DIOS Communications - best practices in higher education for Web 2.0
- Administration page to the UH DL website - for Listing DL courses, must have administrative access
- Faculty Distance Learning Advisory Council (FDLAC)
- Policies from the University of Wisconsin - also check out their Teaching Technology Today resources