April 17, 2014
Dr. Heipua Kaopua of WCC's Counseling Program will be presenting a workshop on the use of artifacts (Ho'ailona) and narrative/storytelling (Mo'olelo) in forging connections with students and colleagues in the classroom and workplace. - Akoakoa 107, 2:30pm
Send a Suggestion or Comment to the Staff Development Committee
This suggestion box is intended to allow students and staff to submit suggestions directly to the Committee.
Faculty members can also continue to submit input and suggestions through their department representatives.
The suggestion will be anonymous. If you want a response, please make sure to include your name and contact information.
You must log in to post a suggestion
More general comments can be made through the Contact Us page, which does not require you to log in.
Chair: Kate Zane
The Staff Development Committee (SDC) plans and coordinates faculty and staff development activities and administers professional development endeavors. Its three primary activities include:
SDC issues grants for staff development activities. (Click on the above link for the application forms).
Professional Development Opportunities
SDC plans programs for the college that offer professional development opportunities to faculty and staff. (Click on the above link for the latest workshop announcements)
SDC raises monies for staff development activities through an annual fundraising event at the WCC Ho'olaulea. (Click on the above link to go directly to the UH Foundation WCC giving page).
SD Grants Awarded 2012-2013
- Deacon Hansen $120 to attend The 36th Annual A Glimpse Into the Future Conference,11/12/12, Honolulu (pdf of report)
- Mariko Kershaw $60 to attend the Practical Stewardship of Collections Conference, 2/16/13, Honolulu (pdf of report)
- Paul Briggs $1000 to attend the Third Annual AEA Conference on Teaching, 5/29-31/13, Chicago
- Toni Martin $1000 to lead a session at the Foundations in Art Theory and Education Conference, 4/3-7/13, Savannah, GA (pdf of report)
- Jean Okumura $1000 tp attend the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, 3/21-24/13, Boston (pdf of report)
- Ross Langston $1000 to attend the Veterinary Fast Track Lab for San Juan College Vet Tech program, 3/27-29/13, Waco, TX (pdf of report)
- Bonnie Beatson $1000 to attend the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations 2013 National Conference, 3/10-13/13, Chicago (pdf of report)
- Rick Murray $1000 to attend the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators annual conference, 6/28/13-7/2/13, Louisville, KT (pdf of report)
- Frances Denning $615 to attend the 14th Annual Native Hawaiian Education Association Convention, 3/21-22/13, Hilo (pdf of report)
- Ann Lemke $365.73 to attend Revolutionizing Diagnosis and Treatment Using the DMS-5, 3/27/13, and BiPOlar from Early Diagnosis to Remission and Recovery, 3/28/13, Honolulu (pdf of report)