Kapi'olani CC and Windward CC will be sponsoring the 25th Community College Writing-Across-the-Curriculum Institute + [Plus]. It will run for two weeks (11 days) from May 21 to June 5 at WCC. It is an intense workshop that meets daily from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. The "+" indicates that writing as a way of learning includes an emphasis on critical and creative thinking. Classroom assessment techniques are integrated into the WAC+ Institute.
The WAC+ Summer Institute will assist college teachers in all programs and subject areas in:
- Using writing as a tool for thinking and learning
- Preparing to teach a writing intensive course
- Gaining confidence and practice in their own personal writing
- Exploring effective approaches to teaching and learning
Participants will learn about WAC techniques through:
- Peer Collaboration
- Writing Groups
- Peer and Staff Presentations
Enrollment from Windward CC is managed through the Office of Academic Affairs.