Every student, faculty and staff at UH ought to have a UH Username and password. The username is used to access your email, MyUH Portal, Laulima, and many other secured areas of the UH computer network.
Establishing a UH Username
- You will be asked to provide your name, UH ID number, and birthday.
- If those are entered correctly, you will then be asked to select to secret questions and then to enter the answers. This information will be used if you ever have to reset your password.
- You will also be asked to create a password. Read the tips carefully and make sure to create a password that you can remember.
- Finally, click the "Activate UH Username" button
- You will have to wait about 15 minutes for the username to be activated
Please note that if the system does not allow you to create an account, paperwork may not have yet been completed. You can try again in a few days
For college staff, please email your UH Username information to email@example.com so that you can be added to the college directory and email list.
Resetting Your Password
If you have forgotten your password, go to http://www.hawaii.edu/account and click on the "Forgot Password?" link. You will be asked for your name, number and birthday. If those are correct, you will then be asked to answer your two secret questions and to enter a new password.
If you cannot remember the answers to your two secret questions, you must go to the Computer Help Desk in No'eau 121.
- Checking your UH Mail with mail.hawaii.edu - forthcoming
- Forwarding your UH Mail to another email account (PDF)