The Mailtool in Laulima allows you to send mail to groups and individuals in your course. You are also able to send attachments.
It is recommended that you use Firefox with Mailtool because other web browsers do not support the editing bar (which will allow you to format your email). Other browsers will still work for simple emails.
To create an email
- Click on the Mailtool
- Determine who you want to send the email to.
- You can select by group (teachers, students, TAs) or particular members of any of the groups by clicking on the "Select Students", "Select Instructors" or "Select Teaching Assistants" links.
- You can also send the email to people who are not in the course by entering them in the "Other Recipients(s) field
- Enter a subject
- Type in your message. With the editing bar, you can also format the text, add a picture, and include basic html formatting.
- To attach a file, click on the "Attach a file" link - the one beside the paper clip
- If you want to be sent a copy, check on the "send me a copy" box
- When you are ready, click on the "Send Mail" button.
- Setting up MailTool (for faculty)
- Logging in to Laulima
- Adding Tools in Laulima
- Getting files from the Resources tool in Laulima