- Emergency Response and Evacuation Plan (PDF)
- Emergency Management Plan (PDF)
- Emergency Notification System (PDF)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Control Plan (PDF)
Automated external defibrillators (AEDs) are located in:
- Hale Alakai 125 (the Safety and Security Office) and
- Imiloa 144 (the AV Room)
- Campus Safety Committee
- Campus Security Authority - a list of people designated as campus security authorities
- College Crime Statistics
- College and Community Resources
- Campus Security Policy Statement Addressing Sex Offender Registration
- Local Police Statistics - from the Honolulu Police Department
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- How to Respond when an Active Shooter is on Campus (PDF)
- The University of Hawaii System Emergency Information
- Campus Crime Report
- Crimemapping.com - for crime information around Oahu
- Hazard Communication Program (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste Management Program
- Documents from the Security Office
Windward CC Security
x 355 or 235-7355
Safety and Security Manager x 343 or 561-3809
Security Message, June 9, 2013
Windward Community College (WCC) is firmly committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment. Policies and procedures are designed to ensure that every possible precautionary measure is taken to protect persons and property. However, you need to be aware that preventive efforts on your part can effectively reduce your chances of becoming a victim. It is the intent of the WCC Safety and Security Office to promote awareness of the current programs that exist at WCC to provide for your safety and well-being.
- WCC is monitored by CCTV cameras that cover most of the outdoor and some of the indoor areas of the campus.
- There are seven “Code Blue” Emergency Phones that are spread throughout the campus. These phones are a direct connection to campus security.
- WCC also has an “Emergency Notification System” via email, text, and emergency PA system. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up to receive these notifications through the UH Alert System or review and update information. This can be done online by visiting http://www.hawaii.edu/alert
- The Campus Security unit is under the supervision of the WCC Safety and Security Manager who is responsible for providing security services for the campus. The Campus Security function is located in Hale Alakai, room 125.
- Contract security guards are on duty 24-hours a day, 7 days a week which includes all holidays.
- Campus security guards conduct vehicle and foot patrols on campus. They are responsible to monitor the campus and provide basic security services such as the enforcement of federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations of WCC.
Campus Security performs the full range of public safety services dealing with incident reports; campus investigations, medical and fire emergencies; traffic accidents; enforcement of laws regulating the use of alcohol, drugs and weapons, inspection of lighting and shrubbery; and all other situations requiring Campus Security assistance. Campus Security Officers are trained in areas such as emergency first-aid, CPR, report writing, investigative skills, and crowd control by experts from federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
The Safety and Security Manager maintains a close working relationship with all law enforcement agencies within the State utilizing their resources and expertise as needed. Whenever appropriate, meetings are held with these external agencies and crime-related information reports and statistics are exchanged.