The Academic Subject Certificate in Bio-Resources and Technology (Plant Biotechnology) prepares students for careers in agribiotechnology and other biosciences. It qualifies students to transfer to bachelor of science degree programs and opens the door to exciting careers!
Contact Inge White for more information.
The goals of the ASC Plant Biotechnology program are to:
- provide education and training for students to succeed in Hawaii's agribiotechnology workforce
- assist students transferring to four-year institutions majoring in biosciences
- stimulate bioprocessing agribusiness entrepreneurship
What's In It For Me?
Students who complete the ASC Plant Biotechnology can find careers in everything from biotechnology to wine-making. Read more about career possibilties in Student Success Stories.
- Bioprocessing Medicinal Garden Complex
- Kuhi La’au-Tropical Plant and Orchid Identification Facility
- Climate-controlled Green House
- Tissue Culture and Plant Biotechnology Laboratory