Items remaining to be added to the database
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine (Reference Collection: RC41 . G35)
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy. (Reference Collection: RC55 .M4) - Detailed articles; section 13 focuses on infectious diseases, including Bacterial, Fungal, Viral diseases.
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary (Reference Collection: R121 .S)
- Encyclopedia of Virology. (Reference Collection: QR358 .E53) - detailed long articles.
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. (Reference Collection: QR81 .B46 2001) - detailed long articles.
Note: in the WCC Library, try browsing the QR section in either the Main or the Reference collections.
- Microbiological Methods for Assessing Soil Quality by Jaap Bloem
- Microbiology Demystified by Tom Betsy
- Online Medical Dictionary - terms you run access in other resources.
- The "Bad Bug Book" - information on foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins.
- Disease Information - information on bacterial and mycotic diseases and the organisms that cause them, including incidence, etiology, transmission, and so forth.
- Scirus - science-only internet search engine.
- NEC Research Index CiteSeer - science citation index links to online articles.
- Microbionet - profiles include classification, biochemistry, genetics, serology, virulence factors, normal flora, pathogens, laboratory diagnosis of infections, environmental aspects, industrial uses and vaccines.
- Pub Med Medline Search - search standard index to medical literature. Check with a librarian to find out if the WCC Library or an area library has the journals you need.
- PubMed Central - An archive of full text life sciences journals.
- WWW Virtual Library on Microbiology & Virology - pointers to microbiology resources.
- The Big Picture Book of Viruses - pictures of virus.
- All the Virology on the Web - links to tutorials, dictionaries, and news.
- none yet