Warning: fopen(http://www.hawaii.edu/pathfinders/pathfinder.php?Topic=&SubTopic=Linguistics&Institution=&URL=http://windward.hawaii.edu/pathfinders/linguistics.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\PHP_Includes\Include_Pathfinder.php on line 27
Sorry, we are unable to access the pathfinder list at this time.
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\PHP_Includes\Include_Pathfinder.php on line 39
Items remaining to be added to the database
- Language, Children, and Society : an Introduction to Linguistics and Language Development by David Lee (P118 .L39 1986)
- The Linguistics Encyclopedia, edited by Kirsten Malmkjær (Reference Collection, P29 .L52 1991)
- Course in General Linguistics, by Ferdinand de Saussure (P121 .S363 1974)
- International Encyclopedia of Linguistics, edited by William Bright (Reference Collection, P29 .I58 1991)
Note: in the WCC Library, try browsing the P section in either the Main or the Reference collections.
- An Introduction to Pidgins and Creoles by John Holm
- The Routledge Companion to Semiotics and Linguistics, edited by Paul Cobley
- Key concepts in language and linguistics by R.L. Trask
- Using internet primary sources to teach critical thinking skills in world languages by Grete Pasch
- Babel Fish - http://world.altavista.com/ - Translate English words into Japanese and vice versa - will also translate whole webpages
- The Story of Human Language, three parts, by John McWhorter (DVDs)