Pathfinders - Japanese language
Items remaining to be added to the database
- Japanese Words and Their Uses (Reference: PL679 M58 1983) - Explains how and why 300 words are used.
- A Reference Grammar of Japanese (Reference: PL533 M28)
- Japanese Character Dictionary: With Compound Lookup via Any Kanji (Reference: PL677.5 .S63 1991) - With "each compound listed under its constituent characters".
- Japanese & English Idiomatic Equivalents (Reference: PL679.D53) - For when you need a Japanese equivalent to "Haste makes waste," or other expression.
- A New Dictionary of Kanji Usage (Reference: PL679 K87 1982) - 2,000 of the most frequently used Kanji.
- Japanese-English Dictionary (Reference PL679 .B7 1969) - Short entries of equivalent words.
Note: in the WCC Library, try browsing the PL670 section in either the Main or the Reference collections.
- none listed yet
- Japanese Language and Culture Network - http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/index.html - Links to Websites of use to Japanese Language educators and students
- How to Use Japanese on the Internet - http://www.hirayama.com/hideki/ - Tips on how to get your computer and browser to handle Japanese.
- Nihongo Mailing List - http://www.crosswinds.net/~nihongoml/ - A mailing list for beginning students of Japanese.
- Shodouka - http://web.shodouka.com/ - View Japanese language websites without having to change browser settings, download plugins, or install programs.
- Yahoo! Japan - http://www.yahoo.co.jp - Yahoo!'s directory to websites from Japan - in Japanese, of course
- BBS Japanese & English Chat - http://www.apricotweb.com/ - Chat online in real time.
- Online Japanese Language Study Materials - http://www.manythings.org/japanese/
- none yet
Note: films from Japan are listed on the Japanese Studies page
- Hawaii Hochi - daily Japanese language newspaper in Hawaii. The WCC Library keeps the paper issue for the current and previous month. Some articles are available online.