Provide Liberal Arts students with a solid background in the fundamentals of both physical and biological science and promote the knowledge, skills and opportunities that support current and emerging STEM fields and careers.Chair: Leticia Colmenares
Student Learning Outcomes for the Department
- Demonstrate a functional literacy and understanding of scientific laws, theories and concepts from the biological and physical sciences.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method through specific applications of
scientific laws, theories and concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the philosophy and history of science and the relationships
between science and society.
- Apply the knowledge base and tools of science gained through hands-on laboratory experience.
- Aerospace Exploration La
- Bioprocessing Medicinal Garden Complex
- Climate-controlled Green House
- Golf Course
- Hokulani Imaginarium
- Kuhi La'au
- Lanihuli Observatory
- NASA Flight Training Aerospace Education Laboratory
- Shade House
- Tissue Culture and Plant Biotechnology Lab
- Academic Subject Certificate in BioResources and Technology
- Associate of Science in Natural Science
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology
- Certificate of Achievement in Agripharmatech
- Track One: Plant Biotechnology
- Track Two: Ethnopharmacognosy
- Certificate of Achievement in Veterinary Assisting
- Certificates of Completion in Plant Landscaping and Agricultural Technology
- Certificate of Completion in Subtropical Urban Tree Care
- Bio-Resources and Technology
- Center for Aerospace Education
- Hawaii Space Grant Consortium
- Marine Option Program (MOP)
- Pacific Center for Environmental Studies (PaCES)
- Biological Safety Program - UH System-level office