MGT 120: Principles of Management (3 credits)
This course is a practical introduction to and study of management principles and practices. The student will learn the elements needed to manage effectively as well as better understand the decision making process in business. (3 hours lecture)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and be able to apply the basic functions of management (i.e. planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling).
- Demonstrate and understand the skills necessary to become a successful manager (i.e. technical, human relations, administrative, communications and problem-solving).
- Describe and recognize the changing nature of the supervisor's environment including information availability, workforce demographics and managing diversity.
- Recognize the ethical dilemmas faced by managers and the social responsibilities of businesses.
- Understand why people resist change and how to develop strategies to reduce the resistance to change.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2013 - M, 1:00pm to 2:15pm, Hale ‘Ākoakoa 113, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 62209 - view syllabus
- Spring 2012 - M, 2:30pm to 3:45pm, Hale No‘eau 123, Vanessa Cole - CRN: 64291 - view syllabus
- Spring 2011 - M, 1:30pm to 2:45pm, Hale Alaka‘i 130, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 61389
- Fall 2011 - M, 3:30pm to 4:45pm, Hale Alaka‘i 102, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 63308 - view syllabus
- Fall 2010 - TR, 1:30pm to 2:45pm, Hale Mana‘opono 115, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 60388 - view syllabus
- Spring 2010 - TR, 5:30pm to 6:55pm, Hale Pālanakila 214, Deacon Hanson - CRN: 63258
- Spring 2007 - TR, 9:45am to 11:00am, Hale Mana‘opono 115, M Yoshida - CRN: 64103
- Spring 2006 - TR, 11:15am to 12:30pm, Hale Mana‘opono 115, M Yoshida - CRN: 61120
- Fall 2005 - TR, 9:40am to 11:05am, Hale Mana‘opono 115, M Yoshida - CRN: 61337
- Spring 2005 - TR, 8:15am to 9:30am, Hale Mana‘opono 115, M Yoshida - CRN: 62156
- Fall 2002 - TR, 8:05am to 9:30am, Hale ‘Imiloa 111, M Yoshida - CRN: 1014
- Fall 2002 - MW, 5:55pm to 7:20pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 111, M Yoshida - CRN: 1017