LSK 110: College Study Skills (3 credits)
This course assists students to deal more effectively with the rigors of the academic expectations of college. Students will carefully assess their work habits, attitudes, and learning styles and will learn specific strategies to achieve academic success.(3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Placement in ENG 21 or higher or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate one's own academic strengths and weaknesses in processing information, preparing for learning, textbook and lecture note taking techniques and strategies, and test taking skills.
- Apply various study skills strategies and techniques.
- Complete the required library research units in order to write a short research paper involving strategies that include finding, evaluating, and documenting information from various sources.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2011 - TR, 11:15am to 12:30pm, Hale Pālanakila 102, Ellen Ishida-Babineau - CRN: 61361 - view syllabus
- Spring 2007 - MWF, 8:25am to 9:20am, Hale Manaleo 116, Ellen Ishida-Babineau - CRN: 64274
- Summer 2005 - MTWRF, 8:30am to 9:45am, Hale Manaleo 103, Ellen Ishida-Babineau - CRN: 63026
- Summer 2004 - MTWRF, 8:30am to 9:45am, Hale Manaleo 103, Ellen Ishida-Babineau - CRN: 64028
- Spring 2003 - MWF, 10:30am to 11:20am, Hale Manaleo 116, Ellen Ishida-Babineau - CRN: 35402