PHYS 170L: General Physics I Laboratory (1 credit)
This laboratory course is a rigorous, calculus-based study for professional or engineering majors. Laboratory exercises are designed to reinforce the fundamental concepts of kinematics, mechanics, energy, waves and thermodynamics. (3 hours laboratory)
Co-Requisite(s): Credit for or registration in PHYS 170.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an experimental understanding of some basic physical concepts and theories.
- Demonstrate familiarity with various instruments and their use in making reliable and precise measurements.
- Calculate a result with the appropriate number of significant figures.
- Analyze data using calculation and graphical methods.
- Organize an accurate and complete laboratory notebook.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2015 - F, 4:00pm to 6:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 137, Jacob Hudson - CRN: 63133
- Spring 2014 - F, 4:00pm to 6:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 137, Jacob Hudson - CRN: 60192 - view syllabus
- Spring 2013 - F, 4:00pm to 6:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 137, Jacob Hudson - CRN: 62242 - view syllabus
- Spring 2012 - F, 4:00pm to 6:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 137, Jacob Hudson - CRN: 64356 - view syllabus
- Spring 2009 - F, 3:00pm to 5:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 137, Jacob Hudson - CRN: 60308 - view syllabus