MATH 21B: Basic College Mathematics II (2 credits)
This course prepares students who want to strengthen computation and problem-solving skills before proceeding to an elementary algebra course. Includes the concept of variables, using rational numbers, solving simple equations in one variables, percent, and word problems. (2 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of "C" or better in Math 21A, satisfactory math placement test score or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Utilize precise mathematical language and symbols in written and/or oral form.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing operations with integers, rational numbers, real numbers, and variable expressions.
- Utilize fundamental properties to solve equations.
- Use algebraic techniques to analyze and solve applied problems.
- Employ mathematical formulas to determine measurements in geometric figures.
- Apply concepts and principles of percents to solve applied problems.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect() (previously declared in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php:14) in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php on line 29