MATH 206L: Calculus Computer Lab (1 credit)
Introduction to symbolic computer software for solving calculus problems, graphic functions and experimenting with calculus concepts. No knowledge of computer required. (2 hours lecture/lab)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of “C” or better in MATH 205, or consent of instructor.
Co-Requisite(s): MATH 206.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Graph a function and solve an equation or inequality, and system of equations by using DERIVE.
- Utilize the geometric significance of the derivative by using DERIVE.
- Analyze and apply curve fitting methods by using DERIVE.
- Utilize DERIVE to solve problems and effectively communicate mathematics in written and/or oral form.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2004 - T, 1:30pm to 3:20pm, Hale No‘eau 123, Jean Okumura - CRN: 63218