MATH 205: Calculus I (4 credits)
Basic mathematical concepts, topics in differentiation, and introductory integration of algebraic and trigonometric functions. Applications of differentiation and integration will be demonstrated. (4 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of “C” or better in MATH 140 or equivalent, satisfactory math placement test score, or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use the formal and intuitive definitions of limits and apply them in limit calculations and in determining continuity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in determining derivatives and apply different interpretations of the derivative.
- Utilize precise mathematical language and symbols to effectively communicate mathematics in written and/or oral form.
- Use calculus techniques to analyze and solve applied problems.
- Use derivatives to analyze and sketch graphs and/or to solve related problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in determining antiderivatives and integrals.
- Utilize integration in applied problems.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect() (previously declared in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php:13) in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php on line 30