ICS 140: Elementary Operating Systems (3 credits)
This course examines and compares several operating systems used on computers. Comparisons of graphics user interface and command user interface operating systems will be made. Students will work with the Windows and Unix systems. Other systems will be researched. (3 hours lecture)
Recommended Preparation: ICS 100 or ICS 101.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and utilize current popular operating systems and interactions.
- Describe and evaluate hardware, software and operating system in meeting user objective.
- Describe the processes of installing, configuring and troubleshooting software problem.
- Demonstrate effective file management and develop backup strategies.
- Illustrate network interconnectivity.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page