GEOG 151: Geography and Contemporary Society (3 credits)
Elements of population geography and urban studies, economic geography and resource management; application to current problems of developed and underdeveloped countries. (3 hours lecture)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and map major themes in human society and culture: population, economy, politics, language, religion, customs, and conflict.
- Apply scientific method, and theories and concepts of geography to explain the nature, history, and diffusion of the major themes.
- Synthesize cross-cultural perspectives on current issues in the major themes.
- Communicate the achievement in written form and/or in other artistic expressions such as photograph.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2014 - TR, 11:30am to 12:45pm, Hale ‘Imiloa 117, Sarmina Rutter - CRN: 62480