ENG 8: Reading and Writing Fundamentals (4 credits)
This course focuses on building basic reading, writing, and life skills for college or employment success. Individualized instruction will supplement regular classroom instruction to provide the necessary practice of reading and writing skills. (3 hours lecture, 3 hours laboratory)
Pre-Requisite(s): Placement into ENG 8 or higher; or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Incorporate newly-learned vocabulary into reading, writing and oral communication activities.
- Apply literal, interpretive, and critical reading skills to comprehend and analyze various types of reading material.
- Produce clear, concise, grammatical sentences.
- Apply appropriate study and learning strategies to support learning and success.
- Summarize main ideas from paragraphs and short articles.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Spring 2014 - MTWR, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale Pālanakila 117, Carol Cunha - CRN: 60451 - view syllabus
- Spring 2013 - MTWR, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale Alaka‘i 101, Carol Cunha - CRN: 62258 - view syllabus
- Fall 2013 - MTWR, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale La‘akea 111, Carol Cunha - CRN: 64254 - view syllabus
- Fall 2013 - MTWR, 10:00am to 10:50am, Hale La‘akea 111, Carol Cunha - CRN: 64626 - view syllabus
- Fall 2012 - MTWRF, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale Alaka‘i 106, Leslie Lyum - CRN: 61352
- Spring 2012 - MTWR, 8:30am to 9:20am, Hale ‘Ākoakoa 132, Leslie Lyum - CRN: 64379
- Spring 2011 - MTRF, 9:30am to 10:20am, Hale Kuhina 114, Maureen Malanaphy - CRN: 61311 - view syllabus
- Fall 2011 - MWF, 9:30am to 10:40am, Hale ‘Ākoakoa 132, Maureen Malanaphy - CRN: 63477 - view syllabus
- Fall 2011 - MWF, 11:00am to 12:10pm, Hale ‘Ākoakoa 132, Maureen Malanaphy - CRN: 63481 - view syllabus