BIOL 172L: General Biology Lab II (1 credit)
Laboratory to accompany BIOL 172. (3 hours laboratory)
Co-Requisite(s): BIOL 172.
Recommended Preparation: High school biology and college level reading and writing skills.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Use the scientific method of inquiry to investigate biological phenomena.
- Apply the concepts learned in BIOL 172 to an experimental and hands-on observational setting.
- Collect, reduce, and interpret biological data.
- Prepare written objective reports describing and interpreting experimental and observational results.
- Apply standard analytical procedures for the comparative study of plants and animals, such as the handling of living and preserved materials for study, dissection procedures, preparation of materials for microscopic examination, and use of dichotomous keys.
- Identify the diagnostic anatomical features of organisms representing major groups of plants and animals.
- Identify the major systematic groups to which specimens of plants and animals belong.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect() (previously declared in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php:14) in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php on line 29