ASTR 110L: Introduction to Astronomy Laboratory (1 credit)
Demonstration of astronomical principles through laboratory observations and analysis of astronomical data. Not required for ASTR 110. (3 hours laboratory)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for or registration in ASTR 110 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the scientific method to a selected group of topics in astronomy.
- Collect, report and analyze data obtained in a laboratory and/or observatory setting in a manner exhibiting organization, proper documentation and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the use of standard astronomical instruments.
- Perform image analysis, especially as related to astronomical photographic data.
- Identify environmental factors, which affect the outcome of an experiment or observation and apply basic error analyses techniques.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer on-line and Internet astronomical programs.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect() (previously declared in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php:13) in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php on line 30