ANSC 266: Veterinary Clinical Practices & Internship II (3 credits)
A continuation of ANSC 190, this course provides veterinary technology students with additional practical experience in a clinical setting. Topics covered include: advanced sample collection & handling techniques, dentistry, administration of medications, anesthesiology & surgical assisting, and advanced nursing techniques. Emphasis is placed on integrating classroom learning with practical work experience. (9 hours internship)
Pre-Requisite(s): Grade of "C" or better in ANSC 190.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Safely and effectively administer anesthesia and provide surgical assistance.
- Accurately dispense & administer medications to patients by a variety of routes (IV, PO, SQ) and explain prescribed medications to clients.
- Provide advanced nursing care including bandaging, wound care, critical- and emergency patient care.
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis.
- Perform advanced sample-collection and handling techniques.
- Provide client education in a variety of areas.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page