ANSC 191: Veterinary Office and Computer Skills (3 credits)
Veterinary Office and Computer Skills covers the support skills needed in a veterinary office. Because veterinary office skills are critical in the success or failure of a practice, this course will emphasize the following: client communication, public relations, ethical and legal procedures, bookkeeping functions, scheduling, records management, and telephone skills. Students will be introduced to one or more industry-standard veterinary software programs as well as word processing and spreadsheet software. (3 hours lecture)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for or placement in ENG 100 and Math 101. Confirmed attendance in WCC veterinary technology information session.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Contribute to a welcoming office environment that promotes accurate interactions with patients and clients.
- Work as a team member to deliver service in an ethical, compassionate manner, following the Veterinary Technician.
- Code of Ethics developed by the National Association of Veterinary Technicians Association Ethics Committee.
- Perform introductory office administrative duties to insure up-to-date filing and retrieval of documents, data entry, billing and receipts, and inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of an industry-standard veterinary software program.
- Demonstrate introductory skills for a word processing and spreadsheet program.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page