ANSC 191: Veterinary Office and Computer Skills (3 credits)
Veterinary Office and Computer Skills covers the support skills needed in a veterinary office. Because veterinary office skills are critical in the success or failure of a practice, this course will emphasize the following: client communication, public relations, ethical and legal procedures, bookkeeping functions, scheduling, records management, and telephone skills. Students will be introduced to one or more industry-standard veterinary software programs as well as word processing and spreadsheet software. (3 hours lecture)
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Contribute to a welcoming office environment that promotes accurate interactions with patients and clients.
- Work as a team member to deliver service in an ethical, compassionate manner, following the Veterinary Technician.
- Code of Ethics developed by the National Association of Veterinary Technicians Association Ethics Committee.
- Perform introductory office administrative duties to insure up-to-date filing and retrieval of documents, data entry, billing and receipts, and inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of an industry-standard veterinary software program.
- Demonstrate introductory skills for a word processing and spreadsheet program.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page