ANSC 190: Veterinary Clinical Practices and Internship I (3 credits)
Practical animal experience at veterinary clinics, zoos, research labs or other animal facilities. Topics covered may include restraint procedures, veinipuncture, vital signs assessment, radiological techniques, veterinary business and front-office procedures, routine nursing care and animal husbandry. This course is intended for students entering veterinary technology, veterinary assisting or other animal-related fields. Students participating in ANSC 190 are required to show proof of current health insurance and obtain a professional liability policy through their internship supervisor. (9 hours internship)
Pre-Requisite(s): Admission into Veterinary Technology Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Assist with physical exams, obtain objective patient data, and provide routine nursing care.
- Properly collect and analyze diagnostic samples including venous blood, urine, & parasitological samples.
- Safely and effectively produce diagnostic radiographic images.
- Effectively communicate with clients and veterinary staff.
- Perform routine business transactions and maintain patient and facility records.
- Implement clinic sanitation and nosocomial protocols.
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect() (previously declared in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php:13) in E:\windward.hawaii.edu\WebRoot\Default\includes\connectdatabase.php on line 30