AG 235: Irrigation Principles and Design (3 credits)
Fundamentals of irrigation principles, plant, soil, water relationships, soil moisture sensing devices, delivery systems, set up of drip, sprinkler, and surface irrigation systems. Use of chemigation. (3 hours lecture)
Recommended Preparation: Math 22 or higher.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Determine water requirements for plant growth.
- Describe soil water concepts.
- Select the appropriate irrigation method and components for the situation.
- Design a basic drip and sprinkler irrigation system.
- Trouble shoot irrigation problems.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page