AG 235: Irrigation Principles and Design (3 credits)
Fundamentals of irrigation principles, plant, soil, water relationships, soil moisture sensing devices, delivery systems, set up of drip, sprinkler, and surface irrigation systems. Use of chemigation. (3 hours lecture)
Recommended Preparation: Math 22 or higher.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Determine water requirements for plant growth.
- Describe soil water concepts.
- Select the appropriate irrigation method and components for the situation.
- Design a basic drip and sprinkler irrigation system.
- Trouble shoot irrigation problems.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2015 - R, 5:30pm to 8:00pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 60130
- Fall 2014 - R, 5:30pm to 8:00pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 62161 - view syllabus
- Fall 2013 - R, 6:00pm to 8:30pm, Hale Uluwehi , B Guard - CRN: 64259
- Fall 2012 - M, 5:30pm to 8:00pm, Hale Uluwehi , D Cazinha - CRN: 61370
- Spring 2011 - W, 5:00pm to 7:45pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 61316 - view syllabus