AG 182: Turfgrass Management (3 credits)
Identification, planting, and maintenance of turfgrass for home, park, and golf course areas. Discusses irrigation, fertilization, cultivars, and pest control. Students are required to write a 10 to 15 page research report. (2 hours lecture, 2 hours laboratory)
Pre-Requisite(s): Credit for AG 20 or AG 120 or consent of instructor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify turf grasses found in Hawai‘i.
- Select the proper turf for a site.
- Describe and perform maintenance practices in a golf course situation.
- Research and report on a turf grass topic.
Degrees and Certificates
For transfer information within the UH system, visit the System Transfer page
- Fall 2013 - T, 1:00pm to 3:30pm, Hale Uluwehi , J Amoy - CRN: 64562 - view syllabus
- Spring 2011 - W, 1:30pm to 3:45pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 61324 - view syllabus
- Spring 2008 - M, 1:00pm to 4:20pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 62015
- Fall 2006 - M, 2:00pm to 6:20pm, Hale Uluwehi , J Amoy - CRN: 63232
- Spring 2005 - M, 12:00pm to 4:30pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 62007
- Fall 2003 - W, 12:00pm to 4:20pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 14287
- Fall 2002 - W, 12:00pm to 4:20pm, Hale Uluwehi , Dave Ringuette - CRN: 90230