Send a Suggestion or Comment to the Staff Development Committee
This suggestion box is intended to allow students and staff to submit suggestions directly to the Committee.
Faculty members can also continue to submit input and suggestions through their department representatives.
The suggestion will be anonymous. If you want a response, please make sure to include your name and contact information.
Chair: Pam DaGrossa
The Staff Development Committee plans and coordinates faculty and staff development activities and administers professional development endeavors. Its three primary activities include
SDC issues grants for staff development activities.
Professional Development Planning
SDC plans programs for the college that offer professional development opportunities to faculty and staff.
SDC raises monies for staff development activities.
SD Grants Awarded 2012-2013
- Deacon Hansen $120 to attend The 36th Annual A Glimpse Into the Future Conference,11/12/12, Honolulu (pdf of report)
- Mariko Kershaw $60 to attend the Practical Stewardship of Collections Conference, 2/16/13, Honolulu (pdf of report)
- Paul Briggs $1000 to attend the Third Annual AEA Conference on Teaching, 5/29-31/13, Chicago (no report yet)
- Toni Martin $1000 to lead a session at the Foundations in Art Theory and Education Conference, 4/3-7/13, Savannah, GA (no report yet)
- Jean Okumura $1000 to attend the International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, 3/21-24/13, Boston (no report yet)
- Ross Langston $1000 to attend the Veterinary Fast Track Lab for San Juan College Vet Tech program, 3/27-29/13, Waco, TX (no report yet)
- Bonnie Beatson $1000 to attend the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations 2013 National Conference, 3/10-13/13, Chicago (no report yet)
- Rick Murray $1000 to attend the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators annual conference, 6/28/13-7/2/13, Louisville, KT (no report yet)
- Frances Denning $615 to attend the 14th Annual Native Hawaiian Education Association Convention, 3/21-22/13, Hilo (no report yet)
- Ann Lemke $365.73 to attend Revolutionizing Diagnosis and Treatment Using the DMS-5, 3/27/13, and BiPOlar from Early Diagnosis to Remission and Recovery, 3/28/13, Honolulu (no report yet)