Teaching Equivalency Calculator
TE = [faculty contact hours] / [basis] * 15
The formula is based on
UHCCP #9.237 Teaching Equivalencies
"Teaching Equivalencies" are a unit of measurement for determining faculty compensation that allows for differences in types of classes: studios, labs, lectures, etc.
The policy is based on the UHCCP policy #9.237 - Teaching Equivalencies (PDF).
The policy does not apply to lecturers, who are still paid according to credit hours.
- Teaching Equivalences for Courses
- Application for Teaching Equivalency (PDF)
- Policy (PDF)
Faculty assigned time is classified as either established and applied for. Applications are not required for an established assigned time.
The established assigned times are:
- Department Chairs receive 6 credits per semester
- Faculty Senate Chair receives 3 credits per semester
- Curriculum Committee Chair receives 3 credits per semester
Incidental assigned time allocations are intended allow specific faculty to performs specific, short term tasks in support the college's mission.